Last updated: February 18, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
The following words have meanings as defined this section. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Accountmeans a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Agreement) refers to Bike Auction (Pty) Ltd with registration number 2021/347824/07.
- Cookiesare small files that are placed by a specific website on your computer, mobile device or any other electronic device used to access the Service, containing the details of your browsing history on that website.
- Countryrefers to: The Republic of South Africa
- Devicemeans any device that can be used to access the Service such as (but not limited to) a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Informationmeans personal information as defined in section 1 of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- Servicerefers to the website.
- Service Providermeans any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Servicerefers to any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Datarefers to data collected either through generation by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit). Usage Data may include information such as your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- websiterefers to the platform provided by Bike Auction (Pty) Ltd accessible at bikeauction.co.za
- Youmeans the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and using your Personal Information
Types of Information Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information that can be used to contact or identify you.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
we may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies.Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how you can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. You can learn more about cookies here: All About Cookies by TermsFeed.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with the services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
- Third-party cookies: In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
For more information about the cookies we use and your choices regarding cookies, please visit our Cookies Policy.
- Web Beacons.Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Use of your Personal Information
The Company may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage your Account:to manage your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Information you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract:the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you:to contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide youwith news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests:to attend and manage your requests to us.
- For business transfers:we may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: we may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share/ disclose your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers:we may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact you.
- For business transfers:we may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With business partners:we may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users:when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
- Law enforcement: under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- Other legal requirements: The Company may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, protect and defend the rights or property of the Company, prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service, protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public, or protect against legal liability.
- With your written consent: we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your written consent.
Retention of your Personal Information
The Company will retain your Personal Information only to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your Information to comply with applicable laws), and to enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Company will also retain usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or if we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of your Personal Information
Security of your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
It is not allowed for anyone under the age of 13 to use our Service. We will not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal information from anyone under the age of 13, we will take immediate steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other websites
- By email: email@example.com